One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, January 19, 2012

What Do I Do All Day

I've been asked a few times what I do all day..ya know, besides having two kids and being pregnant. In all my 'spare' time. So I thought I'd break down a normal day for everyone. Keep in mind we only have one car and hubs refuses to let me walk to the bus stop anymore.

I'm up around 6-6:30, although I try to push that as late as possible. Rush and get dressed, feed everyone, pack Hubs a lunch if he wants,
We leave around 7-7:30 to take hubs to work. Come home and I'm home for about 2 1/2 hours. Which leaves me with just enough time to get big girl ready for school and little girl and I showered and cleaned up. Get everyone looking presentable with hair combed. Pick up the house a bit, make lunches, then off to the bus stop by 10:30. I leave the bus stop around 10:50 and either run errands or lately I go have lunch with Hubs. Pack him a lunch then go eat with him. Depending on what he's doing for work..Every day is different..heck, every hour is different. I gotta be Semper Gumby as my friend, Casey, would say. If he is tied up then I spend that time running any errands I may have to do.

I normally get home around 12:30 or 1 and put little girl down for a nap if she's cranky and I have a couple hours catch up on emails, blogs, cleaning, laundry, ect. Between 1-3:30 is my only time to get a good chunk of 'house stuff' done. I also try to prep dinner during that time too. Do Whatever I can do to make it go quicker come 6pm. During a normal day I am only home for an extended time between 1-3:30.

I leave at 3:30 to pick up big girl. I usually get home around 4 and I have exactly 40 minutes before I have to go pick up Hubs from work. During that time I finish prepping dinner, go through big girls bookbag, and I try to lay down and rest a bit before the evening rush. (because I am almost 6 months pregnant. A little putting up of the feet is advised)

Leave to go get him and normally we don't make it home until 5:30, closer to 6pm because of all the traffic. Get home and finish dinner, eat, baths, Help big girl with homework if there is any. Then they are off to bed. If little girl naps she goes to bed around 7:30, if not then she is in bed asap. Big girl is in bed by 7:15/7:30 depending on how the evening goes. Then it's time to clean up dinner and rescue the house from the evening madness. The kid basically run wild while I cook and hubs prepares his stuff for work the next day. Hubs will then start on any work he brings home and I will try to do a bit of "feet putting up"

I absolutely dread the hour and a half from 6-7:30. It's absolute madness. Utter Chaos. Everyone is tired and cranky...inlcuding myself.

Bare in mind, that this doesn't even account for any appointments we may have. This week and next week, alone, we have 3 appointments each week so that whole schedule has to fit around those appointments, plus fit those appointments around big girls school times so that I can be available to pick her up and drop her off. Which means an hour leway in either direction because that's how long it takes to get -anywhere- in this town.

So there ya have it... My daily life. Not quite 'sitting at home on the couch eating bon bons" is it?

No comments: