One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Horrible, no good, very bad day

Ever have one of those days where nothing goes your way.......yesterday was that day.

First I ripped my brand new pair of maternity jeans as I was putting them on..really nice ones I got on sale that actually looked like cute fitted jeans and not like blue balloons..well, I didn't rip them, they were faulty. I think they may be able to be fixed but..STILL! I was really wanting to look nice in them. I had only worn them for maybe 5 hours before yesterday.

Then somebody took it upon themselves to bash their red 'sort of a car' into the door of my white very nice vehicle. Red stands out quite a bit on white, FYI. Granted, no body damage and the red paint can probably be buffed out..but..for reals!?

Little girl refused to nap and I desperatly needed peace and quiet. It had been nearly 2 weeks since I've had any alone time..totally..alone. My personality is green (look it up) and us greens NEED quiet, peace and order in our lives. I've had none of that.

annnd then..my dessert fiasco. I had been craving eclairs for 3 days, finally broke down and bought the ingredients and unfortunatly got the wrong ingredients (not my fault..the stores fault...hehe) and Didn't realize this until I assembled it and it looked like a pudding river with little ghram cracker boats and called my mom trying to figure out why. I decided to be hopeful that it would set up a little bit and put it in the fridge...Waited, waited, jiggled it again and it wasnt soupy (that I could see) ..VICOTRY... took it out of the fridge and it bumped into the fridge door...apparently it wasn't set and sent a pudding soup waterfall over everything, me included.

Then there was the dinner I made, which consisted of dumping a frozen bagged meal into a pan. My family is lucky they got anything at all.

There were the disobedient, failure to listen kids all day.

The kicker was the heartburn I got last night..probably from dinner. I go get my handy dandy Tums, only to find that Hubs has been using them for a snack, just because they taste good, But no worries, he so generously left me one. ONE..FREAKIN..TUMS (Which don't do much of anything in terms of fixing heartburn by the way)

I had never been so ready for bed...luntil someone..an unknown someone called me at 1am, waking me up and ever so nicely left me a voicemail of...............silence. 5 minutes of silence. How nice of them.

No comments: