One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm gonna take a sick day......

Oh wait..Nevermind. I'm a mom. Sick days don't happen. I don't get sick very often but I woke up this morning dealing with a cold. If I weren't sick it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I am, and I can't take anything.

So not only do I not get a day of rest and recoup, I get extra duty. Had to be up at 6 to get the kids to daycare by 7 to go to an appt with hubs, left there at 930 to pick up 2 very food schmeared kids, bring them home, make 2 lunches, change their clothes and leave for the bus stop 30 minutes later.

The only upside was that big girl did nap which means I got a chance to lay down... Now, the downside.... it was not a restful nap because certain people in this complex like taking their kids right outside my window to play. The icing on the cake was waking up feeling worse than I went to "sleep"

Pick up big girl and referee their fights while laying in bed, waiting on that glorious moment when hubs promised he'd be home on time, would care of the kids, me, AND make dinner. And wouldn't ya know it......... today is the one day he's working late. Still not home. Luckily I didn't listen to the "I'll cook dinner" part and fed the kids, or else they'd still be waiting.

My delima now.. They really need a bath and it's 6:30. Bedtime is in an hour and I don't anticipate hubs will be home in time to do it. Soooo I gotta take my dizzy, coughy, runny noseish, headachy, tired self and give them a bath or skip it and pray I somehow have time to do it tomorrow.

Moms should get sick days. I REALLY need a sick day. Or a nanny. Or both... Because this blows.

No comments: