One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Long Haired Boy

The Military has done a doozy on my children. All they have seen is clean shaven, short haired men. So, to them, that's what men look like. When they see my dad, who has a mustache, it's sooo exciting and silly to them as they don't see that too often.

Big girl rides the bus and there is a boy with long hair. We have no problems with boys/men with long hair; my husband had long hair before the Army, my father-in-law had long hair and I will, most likely, try the long hair thing on my son. It probably won't last long as I already have 2 heads of long hair to comb, but I'll probably try it out. I am still sad to this day that hubs cut his hair short before we got together and I didn't have the chance to run my hands through his hair. I'm also still bitter he didn't ask me to the prom, even though he knew me at the time..but that's another story for another day.

Anyways, We were discussing this certain boy and big girl says "____ isn't a boy! _______ is a GIRL!" We tried to convince her that this boy -was- in fact a boy but she wouldn't believe us because "he has long hair" We tried and tried for days to convince her that he was a boy and "no, please don't go ask him, just trust us" She still didn't believe us. Nothing we said could convince her.

Just the other day she gets off the bus and is SO happy and bounces up to us and says "MOOM!! _____________ really IS a boy!!!!!!" I didn't think too much of it until today

.................. I wonder what convinced her of this and will I be getting a call from this boys mom.

No comments: