One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Monday, January 23, 2012

Saturday Adventure

On Saturday we were bored and needed an adventure so we headed down Highway 20..it was supposed to be senic, but we didn't see much. It actually looked a lot like Kansas if you can believe that, with the sporadic mountain thrown in there.

So we drove.. and drove.. and I got grumpy..and then we saw it. Homemade Honey! (after 45 minutes of nothingness a little honey shack was really exciting) I don't even like honey.




After that we were pumped (It really doesn't take much to thrill us) and we found the bee boxes that the bees lived in that made our honey.. Big girl started asking how the bees made the honey so I just told her they peed it. Whatever..she's 4. She doesn't need to know everything. Now she thinks honey is bee pee. bwhahaha

Then we found horses and turns out I'm a horse whisperer. These darn horses wouldn't come close enough for me to get a good picture so I used my brain..when riding a horse you say "heyaw" and they go..so why wouldn't that work now.. So I tried it and added a whip-like motion with my hand for good measure. Hubs made fun of me until he saw this pack of horses running towards me.. ya. What now?! Apparently that really gets horses moving and they aren't too scared of that electrical fence. I felt the need to scream 'AH HELP! THEY ARE GOING TO EAT ME" Which meant we had to have a conversation with big girl about how horses don't -really- eat people. So Big girl named one and already calls it 'her horse' oy! Unfortunatly we had to leave "Sofa" at his farm. (I really hope the farmer wasn't watching us) There was a really pretty white horse but he was being stubborn and wouldn't pose for a picture.




Then the highway ended.. that sucked. So we just took dirt roads and climbed small mountains (in our vehicle) and were too close to Mexico.




We saw badgers and hubs got to witness a "OMG THERES A BADGER RIGHT OUTSIDE MY CAR" meltdown


We May or may not have crossed the border unknowingly. We aren't forsure exactly but we did get to meet 2 very nice Border Trolls (as Big girl calls them) and got a vehicle inspection. I don't think they believed we were just exploring. Little do they know how little of a life we have. We were kinda hoping they would be filming Border Wars, that would have been icing on our Adventure cake, but no go. Little girl kept asking why those Border Trolls were pulling us over and were they checking our tires from all those bumpy roads... We told her yes. Parents of the Year! Ya know, we didn't need to get into an illegal smuggling conversation. I can't have her going to school repeating stuff that isn't even true.

It was one of the funnest afternoons we had in a long time.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Riley asked how bees make honey one day. I promptly sat her in front of the TV and let her watch The Bee Movie. Now that is some really good parenting there.

My Life as an Army Wife said...

lol..hey, whatever works! I shoulda thought of that...she might have gotten more accurate info that way.