One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Friday, October 21, 2011

Parental Homework

I read numerous blogs. One that I read, Twinisms, *You can find a link to her page over on the ride side of the screen..check her out, she's awesome* had a hilarious story yesterday about how her twin boys came home from school and had to make costumes out of paper bags. Go read it. It was really funny! I giggled all day at it, not that it was just purely funny but because that was -so- ME! 1,000% ME! So I spent the day yesterday radomly giggling about that story because I sympathized with her. I don't do crafts. I hate them. What I want to make never turns out like I want or like it should. Glitter makes me gringe.

That is the last time I ever, EVER giggly, sympathize with someone because what did my little Pre K sweetie bring home from school yesterday....... a freakin paper bag that I have to help her decorate into her favorite storybook character. For instance if she diggs the 3 little pigs I have to turn this stupid bag into a Pig. Are you freakin kidding me?!?! ACK! Not only do I have to help her do this crap I gotta have it done by Tuesday. It's Friday. I have a very busy weekend ahead, ya know, shopping, birthday parties, air shows, string cheese eating ect, and I have to find time to squeeze in making a Pig bag and help her with a book report. A book report. In Pre K. This parental homework is for the birds. Us parents have bigger things to worry about, like growing babies and string cheese with cake.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Thanks for the shout out!! And good luck with that bag...I swear the teachers are trying to punish us!!

My Life as an Army Wife said...

No problem! Love your blog! Hoping maybe I can push the bag onto hubs..we'll see if the Army has other plans. lol

Stacee Hord said...

Definitely something that I am REALLY not looking forward to. Good luck with the Pig bag... made me laugh out loud!!