One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

OCD..or NOT

I've had people tell me that my cleaning is a bit..uh..OCD, to put it nicely. I really don't think it is. Honestly. I've taken time, looked at my house and really thought about it and I don't think I have issues. Wait, is that like asking a chocoholic if they eat too much chocolate ? hmm

It's not that I'm OCD..I just enjoy cleanliness and I can't stand clutter. Most of my OCD is mental OCD, meaning my house can be messy but everything that I need to do and should do is rolling around and around in my brain and it rolls and rolls until I explode. Not literally.

Like, for instance, toys. Toy boxes make my head spin. Billons of little toys humple jumpled in a box where nobody can find anything. Barbies mixed with blocked mixed with toy food. Makes me go crazy. I actually have a system now where the girls' big toys are in a large colored rubbermaid box and their smaller toys (barbies, blocks, ect) are in 2 1/2 gallon Hefty zipping bags. Each are labled and are in another colored rubbermaid. That way they can get one bag out and everything doesn't get humple jumpled. Genius. Not OCD.

Then, there's my dirty floor issues. I cannot stand to be walking around barefoot (because I don't wear shoes) and step on some sort of misc. piece of whatever. Dirt, grit, paper, goop, stick. Plus, it just looks tacky.

At the moment I'm sitting here looking around my house at my messy kitchen, my messy livingroom, the laundry that needs folded, the dusting that needs done... *sigh* See, Mental OCD. I need to just get busy. If I really got busy and did it it would only take probably an hour, at most. *yes, that is my type of 'messy'

Okay, I'm gonna do it. I really am. Ya'll would be so proud!

ONWARD AND FORWARD I GO TO GET MY OCD UNDER CONTROL!

No comments: