One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, October 27, 2011

To All the Chronic Horn Honkers

Never in all the places I have lived have I ever been bothered by people and their car horns. Then I moved here. I do not understand for the life of me what is up with people and their need to lay on their car horns all hours of the day.

Lay on the horn if, Lord forbid, someone pauses 15 seconds before going through the green light, Lay on the horn if the other driver isn't where you think they should be, Park outside someone's house and lay on the horn to let them know you are there. Constantly. For minutes at a time. That one really baffles me. Do they not know you are coming? Could you not call them on your cell? Could you not wait, oh, 15 seconds, after pulling up to start layin on your horn? I kid you not, I have heard someone come INTO the apartment complex alreadying laying on their horn 2 buildings from where their destination is. 2am? no problem, let's lay on the horn over and over again. It's not like anyone sleeps at 2am or has kids sleeping at 2am.

Lay on the horn if YOU'RE in the wrong while driving because, ya know, it's OUR fault you're making an illegal turn. I've heard people lay on their horns and have no clue as to why they are doing it. I've just stopped caring or paying attention to horn honking. I'm telling ya, there's going to be a time when I'm gonna have to take a baseball bat to someones vehicle.

Let's all just do the world a favor and if you are a chronic horn honker, Stop it!

No comments: