One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Who doesn't love a new recipe?

So, who doesn't love some new recipes. I thought I'd share a few of my go-to recipes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mushroom chicken: This is my 1st go to..its SUPER easy and yummy! I've even made it for company.

1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 chicken breasts *i adjust the amount of chicken and soup to how many people I have, for the 4 of us, i usually do 4-5 chicken breasts and 2 cans of soup, but I like it with lots of 'gravy'*

Cut up the chicken and put in skillet, dump soup on top *yup, straight from the can* and let cook until chicken is done, about 20-30 minutes. stirring occasionally I serve this with rice or pasta and a veggie.

I've also made this with Cream of chicken soup and Cheddar cheese soup *condensed* and both were also really good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
BBQ.......meat

Ive done this with pork, chicken or a roast.

Put meat in crockpot and I add approx 1-2 cups of broth *chicken, beef, veggie, doesnt really matter* Let cook all day on Low (8hrs) Take meat out and let rest 15 mins or so, then shred with a fork, put back in crockpot and dump BBQ sauce on top, stir, let cook another lil bit *until you feel its good*
Serve on buns. I also have cheese, onion, pickles, tomatoes to put on top

It really is a GOOD bbq sandwich!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my newest Go-to...Thanks to Miss April!

Redbeans and Rice

Fry 3 slices of bacon-crispy, saute onion and garlic in the same pan with a bit of the drippings. Add chopped smoked sausage *If you want it* into same pan, I also added the chopped up bacon, 1 can of tomatoes *I used diced*, 1 can redbeans, 1 can cannellini beans, salt, pepper, oregano, chili powder, and a little lime juice (I used 2 fresh key limes and it was perfect). Let simmer for 20 mins while rice is cooking.
Serve beans over top of rice or mix together, however you like it.

ok, sure, it isnt original, but, it was really really good. And I only had a skillet, cutting board, knife and rice pan to wash. And I was able to cook it while I had a toddler screaming at my leg...thats a winner in my book

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mushroom porkchops

However many porkchops ya want *boneless, with the bone, doesnt matter*
a Lg can cream of mushroom soup *ya, I use it a lot*

stick porkchops in a baking dish, dump on the soup, sometimes if i wanna get snazzy I add mushrooms on top too, then just bake 350 until porkchops are done. around 30 mins for thinner chops.
Lots of times I'll put seasonings on the porkchops before i add the soup. salt, pepper, garlic, adobo, whatever I can find and sounds good.

I always serve these with sticky rice. mmmmmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fried Rice

now, this does take awhile to cook, but, it's a pretty good fried rice.

Big container of leftover *chilled overnight* cooked rice *probably 4-5 cups*
carrots
onion
sometimes Ill scramble an egg
mushrooms
Frozen mixed veggies
whatever kind of veggie you can find in your fridge, toss it in. Chop up all veggies into small pieces. If im trying to save time I will cut everything up during the kids naptime then once dinner time comes I just have to dump it all in

Heat oil (you'll want quite a bit) in wok or lg. skillet *I use a lg wok* until really hot. Dump in your rice and all the veggies, ect. I put in some teriyake sauce and soy sauce *i just glug until it feels right...probably 2-3 Tbs of each. minced garlic, pepper, whatever else strikes my fancy.
Then just cook it, stirring often, until it looks like a fried rice 'color' I usually let it cook a good 30 minutes, stirring a lot or else it sticks.

Also made this for company and I dont think I've ever had much or any leftovers


ENJOY!

No comments: