One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, July 29, 2010

So, I'll be honest, I've lost count already as to how many week in we are, but thats okay because time goes faster if I'm not counting. I have a round about idea but I'm not 100% sure. Time got away from me, things happened and I lost count.
One of the hardest things about being a parent is that you hurt when your kids hurt. It's heart wrenching when your daughter cries everyday for her daddy and theres not a thing I can do about it. It breaks my heart, and it makes me angry because this deployment was not supposed to happen and no, I'm not being bratty and dramatic about how unfair it is and it shouldn't happen. The truth is, it -wasn't- supposed to happen, but someone got all hooah-happy and pushed things up and by doing that caused a heap of stupidity over there not to mention a heap of stupidity here. I can't get into specifics but this is my 3rd deployment and I'm amazed at some of the things I've seen and heard about. It would make your mouth drop.
I believe everything happens for a reason and everything I go through can teach me something, I cannot for the life of me figure out what the reason for this deployment is, except that it's hurting my daughter, it's hurting my husband because he can't be here for his kids and its hurting me. I thank God that lil miss doesn't have too much of an idea yet what is going on bc I don't think I could handle 2 kids crying for their daddy everyday.
Another thing that has started......The rumors...How far into the back of my head can I roll my eyes? lol Specificially, the Big Rumor..When they're going to be home. O........M.......G...dear Lord people we're less than 2 months in *that I do know! ha* Here's a tip for the newbies, Don't get excited if this rumor is a good one, bc I guarentee that next week there will be a rumor that they are staying 5 extra months and you'll get all upset and, let's face it, thats waayyy too much emotional stress..lol Yes, they are nice to hear, yes, they can be nice to think about but thats as far as I let it go. I start getting a little bit excited when their replacements get there and then you can really get excited when Rear D gives ya that special call......no, wait, nevermind, I don't even trust Rear D...lol, I kid, but seriously though last time they called and told me BD would be home the next day and well, they were wrong. BD called soon after and Im smart enough to realize that if he's at Point A, he can't get to Point B in less than 12 hours, unless he's superman. lol Luckily one of BD's friends was on rear and was able to confirm that I was correct in my assumption. Kinda funny looking back, I had 2 or 3 people calling me apologizing, stuttering over themselves, haha, They're just lucky I caught their mistake and didn't show up to that field and he wasnt there.. ooooooooo lol Get excited when he's in your Arms and until then just keep pluggin along, I promise, it doesn't last forever!

2 comments:

Casey said...

I love your blog. :) I am so sorry you're hurting and that your little girl is hurting-- I'll be glad right with you when they're all back home!

Tim and Cynthia Jones said...

:( ;( Gdma's heart hurts for Lillia too :(