One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The island of Misfit toys

My house has become the island of misfit toys. Babydolls with broken legs/arms/eyeballs, 2 toy bowling pins when we started with 6 and the list goes on and on, so today during naptime I will be going through that island and weeding out the misfits.
August is a huge month for us. Theres 5 birthdays in my immediate family, which includes miss Lillibug's 3rd birthday! So before I will bring more toys into this house I must weed through the old. My kids don't get toys other than birthday and Christmas. Theres the rare "grandparents spoiling' that I allow and the very very VERY rare "last minute purchase'' at the store *I think it's only happened once or twice in 3 years* But for the most part my kids only get toys on their birthday or Christmas. Starting in August the new toys just start comin through the door, Lillias birthday, Allanas birthday in Dec, then Christmas.
So I'm starting early and doing it now. We will be super busy in August. Birthday shopping, Birthday parties, trips and the list goes on.

so long Misfits!

1 comment:

papabama said...

Destiny and I did the same thing last night. I told her she had to fill a basket with toys she does not really play with anymore to make room for the new stuff coming next month on her bd.