One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Big changes

Lots of big changes are happening around here. First of all I started painting the girls bedroom. Their poor room needed a remodel so so bad! Our house was built in 1950 and I dont think that room has been painted since 1950. Theres also 'wonderful' decorative wood 'panneling' on 2 walls...ick! Their walls are a beautiful green color now and there will be a pink border around the top of the wall and around the middle of the wall. along with new curtains, decorations, Miss Lana will get a big girl bed and bedding set and new dresser. Im so excited about how it'll turn out.
So yesterday I started on the painting during naptime and moved miss Lana's mattress into the play room, kind of a 'is she ready for a big girl bed' tryout. And lemme tell you that girl did amazing!! She went right to sleep and didnt get up once! Which is such a vast contrast to when lillia was put in a big girl bed.
Lillia's big girl bed experience went something like this: it was last deployment, I was 7 months pregnant, new big girl bed, I put that child back in her bed so many times I called my mom crying after 2 hours bc it was causing me to have contractions. Finally had to just shut her door and let her pass out where she may bc it was wreaking havoc on my body and I kid you not we fought that battle for 3+ months.
So, as you might imagine yesterdays experience with lana was fantastic! Even last night for bedtime she went right to sleep. Poor thing did keep slippin off the mattress around 10:30 so I had to go in there a few times and help her but after she finally got settled and realized the bed had 'boundries' she slept fabulous and is still asleep right now! So needless to say Im breakin down the crib and she will just sleep on the mattress in her room until I can get her a big girl bed. YAY LANA BABY!!!!!! My lil baby is growing up! Who woulda thought it woudl have been this easy? *not I*
Next big project: Potty training. We've tried it out with lana in the past few weeks but we're gonna start gettin serious about it. Lets hope it's as easy as the big girl bed and we will just be Fantastic!! it really is the small things in life :-)

Peace!!!!

No comments: