One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Another week

Another week gone. Another Friday that I lived through. I hate Friday's. When BD was home Friday was our 'date night' whether we were lucky enough to have a sitter,pizza with the kids then a movie/popcorn after they went to bed, a later dinner after the kids were in bed, or one of our favorite Pasttimes, Wii, we got so competitive that we'd sometimes be up until midnight/1am trying to beat each other. Whatever we did that was our night for us. Now that my Wii buddy is gone Friday's leave me with a little hole of loneliness. One of the deployment keys to survival is to make you're own routines and I'm trying to do to for Friday nights, it's just coming along slowly. Only XX amount of Friday's left before my Wii buddy is back home with me.

So the girls room is 99% finished, just need to add some decorations on the walls and such and I am SO happy with how it looks and so proud of myself for making my dream come to life. I also got my noni in a toddler bed all in the same week *go me!* The toddler bed wasn't planned but I've learned as a mother that if you're kids embrace something then go for it!
Now it's time for me to really crack down and start potty training lana..*sigh* I'll be honest, I'd rather scrub a prison bathroom then potty train another kid already. uughhh but I also want to be diaper free for a few months before #3 comes along. My only hope is that since lillia was SO hard to potty train that lana will give me a break.

It's the last week of July! Oh how happy I am! Let's just move right on into Fall please! 1 more room in our house to be painted, our spare room, so I hope to have that done before September, also.

Well ya'll time for our Saturday Park Fun. Mommy runs/does stairs then the kids get to play if they are good, if not, we try it again on Sunday :-)

Miss You my Wii Buddy! Love you to the moon and back, Venusforever baby!

3 comments:

Tim and Cynthia Jones said...

So well said. You have an incredible way of putting things down in a blog that convey just the right emotions and paint such pictures for the readers. I commend you on your "word choices"(Sorry, the teacher in me can't leave it alone)

Tim and Cynthia Jones said...

I love reading your posts just to keep up with your everyday life. Sounds like you are keeping busy, that's good. I'm sure Lana will give you no trouble potty training...I'm keeping positive here :) Love to you all three.

Anonymous said...

You should post pictures with your entries so we can see the cute new room.