One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Books on my Kindle

I love my Kindle and now that I have my Ipad I have the Kindle Ap and I can read it on my Ipad, which I love because it's one less gadget for me to keep track of. I can also read my Kindle book on my phone too. Love it. I've even gotten my mom on the Kindle bandwagon. My mother in law too :) The books are cheaper which means I 'justify' getting more. I also get a -lot- of them for free...like probably 75% are free. awesome! Love free!
I really think Ipad's and Kindles are just about the greatest invention out there.

I do have to say that I miss holding a real book. I miss the pages turning, I have a tendency to 'collect' the real books. I never throw out a book. I miss the smell of real books. ( I wonder if Yankee makes a candle for that..hmmm)

I love reading..always have. I'm kind of a nerd that way. I thought I would share some of my favs for my other fellow bookies out there.

The "light" Series by Terri Blacktock (True Light, Night Light, Last Light,and Dawns Light)
They were -amazing- I couldn't put them down. Absolutely loved them. (mom J, you'd love them)

The Confession by John Grisham
Also, really really good.

They Almost Always Come home by Cynthia Ruchti

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
I started out having a hard time getting into this book but once I did I couldn't put it down

When you Went Away by Michael Baron
-Awesome-

A Promise to Remember by Kathryn Cushman

After the Fire by Kathryn Shay
-Was really good also-

Atonement Child by Francine Rivers
Was really good too.

I'm also really big on "celebrity' books. I've read all of Dog the Bounty Hunters books (which rocked), Kendra Wilkinson's Book, and I just finished Denise Richards Book, which was awesome.

I'm in the midst of finishing up at 4 book series, The Chase Brothers, by Lauren Dane which have been pretty good and I have The Rose Killer, Scarlet Letter, and When I lay my Isaac Down waiting for me. I also have plans to read Danielle Steels new book. Hopefully with 1 child going to 1/2 day school this year I will have more time for reading.

I'm open for any new reads, so tell me your favs!

No comments: