One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The most beautiful Disney Princess of them all

I am just about the happiest person on the face of the Earth. One of our bigger malls (not far from our home, let me add) has... are you ready...dum dum duuumm.......... a Disney Store!!!!!!!!! OMG! I love Disney Stores!!

Yes, I am 24 years old and still in l-o-v-e with Disney Stores!! If I could I would buy out the whole store. It's so magical and pretty and fun and..AH..I love it. It even smells good in there.

Growing up my favorite Disney character was Pocahontas. I loved her. Loved the movie. I thought she was the most beautiful "Princess" of the Disney Princesses.

See..Isn't she gorgeous.


I had this little Pocahontas stick on story telling thing. Came with all the people, animals, backgrounds, ect and you could stick them on glass and then take them off and make your own story thing (ok, that was confusing..try to follow along) but anyway, I loved it. I played with those things until they wouldn't stick to glass anymore, making my own Pocahontas story.

While in the Disney shop this past weekend, trying to convince my daughter that Pocahontas was the bomb diggity I was amazed at everything Pocahontas. I don't remember there being that much stuff when I was little. Maybe there was and I just didn't get it. lol Pocahontas Barbie, Pocahontas shirts, Pocahontas cups, plates, spoons.. omg.. I was like a kid in a candy store.

When I was little I loved when we'd go on vacation to Santa Fe or Albequerque because I loved looking at all the beautiful turquoise jewerly and beads because Pocahontas was an Indian and I wanted to be like her. Loved it.

The Big one wasn't too thrilled with Pocahontas. She was more into Jesse (ya know, from Toy Story) (That's okay, I love Jesse, She's the coolest) and of course the other frilly Disney Princesses.

Ya know what's funny......I grew up in love with all this stuff and I found out a few years ago that I am in fact part Indian. Yup! And not like 1/9564 percent Indian..like.. a good chunk Indian. Cool huh!?

PS: I am taking donations to add onto the apartment. I wanna add on a Pocahontas room. You can make your checks payable to me. K? Thanks!

No comments: