One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Give this one a try!

I'm on a crockpot kick, basically because I don't enjoy cooking lately and I can't eat out every night.

I found this potato soup online and decided to give it a try and I am SO glad that I did. It was delicious! Amazing. Yum! I wish there was more.


Crockpot Potato soup

1 5oz pkg scalloped potatoes (Bare with me..I know, I was skeptical too. I hate prepackaged scalloped potatoes)
4 C chicken broth
1 onion -- chopped
2 C half and half
1/3 C flour

Combine scalloped potato mix, onion, and broth and cook for 4-6 hrs on low.
In a medium bowl combine half and half and flour. Mix until smooth. Pour mix into crockpot stirring constantly.
Cook an additional hour stirring often.

Amazing consistancy, the potatoes didn't totally vanish like I figured they would..really good!

I served mine with some cheesy garlic pull apart bread. I also fried up some bacon and chopped it up and threw in some cheese for loaded potato soup. If you're gonna go, go big!

No comments: