One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Sunday, September 11, 2011

What Baby Wants..Baby Gets

So far..In only 7 wks our newest tadpole has made his/her demands known and those are Lots and lots of sleep. 2 naps a day plus 12 hours of sleep a night are perferable, of course that doesn't quite jive with my life.

Little Tadpole (to be here on known as L.T) also loves salads. Not just any salad, iceberg lettuce, ranch dressing, green olives, pickles and sunflower seeds. Oh..em..gee..It is SOO yummy! We had Chinese for lunch today and that was actually the most of my lunch..yes, the salad.

L.T also likes lemons. Bascially anything sour L.T enjoys. oh ya, and pickles! Loove some pickles!

L.T loves potatas also. (potatas are the manly version of potato) Mashed, fries, baked, scalloped, potata soup..mmm... Potata soup and garlic bread (which is, by the way, what we are having tomorrow night)

L.T enjoys food .. when L.T is hungry, L.T is -hungry- There needs to be food pronto.

I can't wait to feel L.T move around and kick and see L.T for the first time on ultrasound. I've wanted this baby for over 2 years now and due to deployments, marriage, and other issues it hasn't happened and I'm so excited. I feel like this is my first pregnancy. When I took the test I was expecting it to be negative. I had taken one 3 days before and it had been negative but I still 'felt' pregnant. When I picked up the test, expecting it to be negative, and saw those 2 lines my mouth dropped open and I whispered "oh my gosh" and I stood there shaking. Went into the kitchen to show J and all I could do was sqeeze his arm to get his attention and I just held it up and of course, his eyes bugged and he said "NOO way! Take another! drink juice! DRINK! I don't believe it" lol So I down 4 glasses of juice and, of course, it was positive again! We were very shocked. We did not expect it to happen this quickly.

I haven't felt very sick, with lil girl I was sooo so so sick for 3 months. I have just had a fairly bad queasy stomach but it doesn't start up until around 9 at night and crackers seem to help.

We are already throwing around names and have 3-4 boy and girl names we are weeding through. Don't even ask, We aren't sharing until we know the sex, unless you are on your death bed, then we'll tell but swear you to secrecy. :-D

1 comment:

Casey said...

Congratulations again, Erica and Josh. What a special baby this is, with all you two have been through.