One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Monday, September 19, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

I can't take credit for these chicken enchiladas. Hubs found the recipe and made them and they were a hit! I normally use a crockpot recipe for chicken enchiladas but these are good if I'm in a time crunch and I fail to put the stuff in the crockpot. OK, they are just good, period


First, ya take some chicken hooters. About 4.. I used 8 this time but they were A cup hooters, and ya cook em. I Like to boil them. Makes them eaiser to shred. Boil them until they are cooked.

In another pan you take a brick of cream cheese and 8oz of salsa and melt those together. Add in 1 15oz can of pinto beans and this time I added a couple tablespoons of fire-roasted green chilis. It gave it a nice zing. If you don't like zing you could definatly leave them out. Melt all that together until its all harmonious.

Add in your chicken hooters, which have been cooked, cooled and shredded (Cooled just enough that you -can- shred them, don't burn any digits) Let it all get all happy..about 5 mins or so.

Take your goop (it really does look like goop, but it tastes amazing) and put it in tortillas and roll it up. Top it with enchilada sauce, We only eat green chili enchilada sauce but do whatever your tastes desire, if you want, you definatly don't have to though, One time we didn't and it was still really good. Top with some cheese and put in the oven, 350ish, until it gets all bubbly and yummy.

I usually keep it in the oven while I make some rice. Out of a package usually, I could make from scratch but..well.. I don't..Don't judge.

Eat up!


No comments: