One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, September 7, 2011




At big girls school orientation there was one thing that was not covered... Bus Stop Cliques. I had no clue they existed until big girl start riding the bus. I thought all the moms went to the bus stop in their jeans, talked, kissed the kids, went home. Apparently not. Apparently there are cliques..and I'm not a part of it. Oh well.. Doesn't hurt my feelings.

Apparently it's acceptable to show up to the bus stop in a darn-near-booty showin skirts and hooker heels..Where is there to go at 11am looking like that?

Now, back to these cliques.. I don't get it. They (by 'they' I mean 2 women) don't talk to me, they make their clique-ish rounds to others that they deem could be in the clique, they get out of their car and go to the opposite side of the street (the side where the bus does NOT stop, which doesn't make sense to me, why wait there when you just gotta cross the street..I obviously don't wait there because I'm smart) They ignore me like I've got the plague. I've said hi, smiled, 'morning...Nada... well, I lie.. In 3 wks I've gotten one semi manly 'hi' ..poor woman with the deep voice.. Their kids wanna play with mine but when they come over 'manly mom' says "come over here" and calls them away..... *rolls eyes*

I thought I left all this crap behind in high school? Doesn't hurt my feelings, doesn't keep me up at night, I have fabulous friends who think I'm fabulous.. I don't need their approval.

Here's my problem with it... What are you teaching your kids by doing this? You think they don't notice? How is that a mature parental thing to do? We wonder why kids grow up to be bullies and not include other kids and turn into snobs... well, maybe this is why. It all comes from the parents.

Parents, Don't judge people too harshly. Maybe that mom that looks stuck up is really just going through a bad time? Maybe her husband just left her. Maybe she's just shy? Maybe that mom that is just naturally quiet is just that... naturally quiet but can be fun and loud around those that know her well. Maybe the mom that looks 15, young, and no life experience really is 25 with 3 kids, divorced, and has way more life experience than you ever thought of having.

Think about what you are teaching your kids. Kids pick up on what they see far more than what you tell them. If you're going to act like that and judge me on just sight I don't want to be your bus stop friend anyways.

Dearest Clique bus stop moms... If I ever find out your little darlings are being mean to my kids because of what you taught them by your actions...You better watch out. I may look sweet, nice, and quiet...but I'm a mean momma bear.

2 comments:

Ashley C said...

We have now had two bus stops since living here and both of them had cliques just as you described. It is literally so stupid, but it really is there loss not mine. I just sit there with my kids while they are over on the side gossiping.

My Life as an Army Wife said...

Good to know I'm not the only one dealing with this..ugh.. but like you said, Their loss.