One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Can You Come Out To Play.

Lately we have been starting to whole "Can you come out to play" thing..Here's my issue, my kids are 4 and 2, I dont know you, I don't know your parents. I can't handle the whole going over to someones house thing yet. I'm too young for this. Sure, If it's someone I know and trust then that's a different story but in an apartment complex where I've never even seen that you -have- a parent. For all I know you could be living alone, you and your sister...not happenin.

These kids are at least 6. Anywhere from 6-8yrs old. I'm sorry but my 4yr old is not playing outside unsupervised and you, in your 6 yr old greatness do not count as supervision and no, my 4yr old is not going into your apartment alone. I don't know the parents, I don't know the kids. Not happenin. These kids are always outside playing unsupervised. Every. Single. Night.

Now I'm getting the ding dong ditches and the glares when I say she's going to bed and it's only 7. I just don't have the energy. I'm sorry but 4 year olds don't need to be playing outside alone with 6 year olds.

Shouldn't these 6 year olds be inside doing reading homework, taking baths, and going to bed for school, like mine are. Surely if my 4 yr old has reading homework, at 6 years old, they do too.

1 comment:

Laura Cashion said...

Find out who their parents are and go and introduce yourself. Maybe the kids can come and play in your apartment instead,at a more reasonable time. They could be great kids, and they could be great parents. You never know. Maybe they come home from school and do their homework and then go play. When I was 6 and 8 I was playing outside by myself. Some parents are still in that mindset. Would I let a 6-year-old play outside alone, probably not, but different strokes.