One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012

2011 has been an insane ride. In one word: Rollercoaster.
I've been as high as I think I could be and as low as I think I could be.
I am so thankful for a new baby on the way...a boy nonetheless. So Thankful that my string of lows have turned into some highs.

I dont know what 2012 will bring... Baby, New President maybe, The end of the only life I've known while being married..the Army. I'm going to have to learn how to be a civilian, which scares the bajeeves outta me by the way.

I don't know where we'll end up, I don't know where we'll go, I don't even know if we'll have an income. I don't know where we will live. I know nothing about what our lives will be like in 6 months. Again, scares the bajeeves outta me.

I do know that I'll have my husband, my two precious girls and my handsome, new little man and I hope and pray that I will finally be close to family. Close enough to call my mom when I'm sick and need help instead of just dealing with it. Close enough to send my kids to grandma and grandpas for a night. Close enough to invite them over for weekly dinners.

There will be no party tonight..no bubbly..I don't even know if I can stay awake until midnight but 2012 here we come!

2 comments:

Casey said...

I feel so hopeful for you and Josh this year, Erica. You, your sweet girls, new precious baby boy (on the way)-- wishing all of you the very best.

My Life as an Army Wife said...

Thank you casey! I wish you the best 2012 also