One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Friday, December 9, 2011

The Joy of Christmas

YAY YAY HIP HORRAY! It's almost CHRISTMAS! That lovely time of year, gifts, wrapping paper, ribbons, bows, sparkles. I love wrapping presents. It's one of my favorite things to do. A big pile of presents and a big pile of wrapping paper, bows, tags, do-dads, it's incredible! Don't cheat and use bags, that's no fun. I would gladly wrap presents all day. I've been known to wrap presents, start disliking that wrapping paper, unwrap all presents and rewrap in new paper...no joke.

I'm really feeling the pressure this year though. We are SO far away from family, I'm pregnant and tired, and I feel totally rushed in everything. I'm trying to balance what I have to do daily with the don't over do it's that I am getting. Along with trying to finish Christmas shopping, planning, wrapping, shipping, ect. At this point I have no clue what we are having for Christmas dinner, I have no clue who, if anyone, will be here with us. I have no clue when I am going to get all the shipping done. Fair warning, family, if your gifts come late, please forgive me!! Christmas cards..I've addressed many, Let's see if I can get them out on time.

Christmas dinner... I am really considering Pizza. Is that bad of me? Is it any less bad if I make homemade pizza ?? Or make something in the crockpot..What could I make in the crock pot that's "Christmas worthy" I just don't know. I can almost guarentee the pies are coming from Village Inn as I'm already obligated to make our Family Christmas cookies, per hubs family tradition. I'm willing to take any ideas. Or if anyone wants to give me the gift of Paula Deen this year that would be lovely too, just sayin...

I'm really trying to find the FULL joy of Christmas I usually have but all I feel like doing this year is eating oranges, slushies, and pie. (is that a bad Christmas dinner?)

Not even Christmas music is getting me in the full holly jolly Mood. Don't get me wrong, my mood now IS pretty holly jolly, but I tend to go above and beyond on Christmas. I've even watched my fair share of Christmas movies.

This baby is really messin with my jolly!

No comments: