One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pregnancy, Orangutans, and vibrating toothbrushes

I never claimed to be the smartest while pregnant. I tend to lose all my memory and sense while pregnant and this didn't start happening until the second either.

Like with Little girl, I was walking through the grocery store and saw a certain fruit, decided to test the ripeness of said fruit to see if I wanted one and ended up sticking my finger through the fruit..which was gross. So I call my platonic husband (Whose husband was deployed also) and told her that it was soo gross because my finger had just gone through an Orangutan.. To which she was very quiet and said "you stuck your finger in an orangutan???) And I said "yah, ya know, those fruits, like a watermelon but not really, they are yellow)............."You mean a Cantaloupe??" ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..yyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a Cantaloupe.
(I still haven't lived that down........)

Let's see...I forget my address quite often. Literally had to get out a bill the other day to see what my address is...


And the other day I was brushing my teeth, I have one of those really cool battery powered vibratey toothbrushes, I was just brushing away when I saw a smudge in the bathroom sink. So I took my hand off the toothbrush and let it just rest in my mouth, teeth shut, in my molar area so that I could use my hand to wipe away the smudge and as I'm wiping said smudge my head starts spinning, my vision is blurry, and I feel myself getting dizzy and I start freaking out thinking "Oh my gosh, I'm dying! This is what a brain aneurysm feels like, I really am dying, I can't die yet!!!" ( I was honestly very scared)...........until I realized that it was my vibratey toothbrush vibrating my head because it was still 'resting' in my mouth.............



I'm done having kids.

1 comment:

Tim and Cynthia Jones said...

I know this was in all seriousness...but I laughed out loud. You really have a way with words and are so funny Erica! This reminds me of a story that Jon wrote in Jr. HIgh. As he was reading it to us, a serious story, we just kept laughing! It was hilarious! He was kind of flabbergasted and peeved that we thought it so funny, but it was! The way he wrote it made it sound sarcastic and funny. he he he