One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Monday, December 19, 2011

The War Is Over

http://news.yahoo.com/last-us-troops-leave-iraq-war-ends-043431802.html



The War is over. I can remember watching on Tv in my bedroom the 'Beginning' of the war. The day it began. March 20, 2003. Little did I know how much my life would intertwine with this war and how deeply it would affect me and my, then, future children. I had no clue. The last thing I ever thought was that I would marry a soldier. I remember sitting on my bed, it was a Wednesday night, watching the footage on Tv. I remember it very vividly to this day.

Thousands of lives lost, thousands injured, thousands changed forever. Mentally, physically, emotionally. I know so many people who were changed. Some gave the ultimate sacrifice, Some injured outwardly, some changed inwardly. I can't help but remember those who lost their life. Especially one, inparticular, a young man I knew from back home, a young man who wasn't just an Army friend, a young man whom I spent time with him and his sisters before I was ever an Army wife. It hits close to home.

Here I am, almost 9 years later, my husband has give 2 years of his life to the Iraq war, I've given up my husband for 2 years.

May we never forget those that gave their lives and those injured. Also, never forget those who were changed inside and bare no physical reminders of the war. For many who served and came home the war still goes on.

Even though the war is over let's not forget our troops. Brave heros that went and did their job. I can honestly say I don't know one soldier who would say they regret serving.

No comments: