One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Saturday, April 24, 2010

my passion

For a lot of years I thought I didn't have a passion in life, but now I believe I've found it. I love baking. I love the creativity of it, the many options to decorate and make. There are literally thousands of options.
I absolutely love baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes. They've gotta be my most favorite things in the world to bake. Cobblers are also fun. The many fruit combinations. I love it!
I've now moved onto stalking food blogs to find new ideas and recipes. Here's the greatest part, if I bake said desserts, I'm not nearly as inclined to eat them. Yayness! :) It also is so relaxing to me. Something about the smell of butter and sugar is so relaxing.
Today I checked out Pioneer Woman and got a few great ideas I want to try.

Someday I want to open my own bakery. Once we are in a place long enough for that dream to be able to happen...and I have tons of money :)
Back in Kansas there were a few really good dessert places and I've noticed there aren't many around here. Horrible..a Travesty I tell you. ha So maybe someday I'll come back here and open my own bakery, then the town will be filled with the lovely smells of sugar, butter, cream and cakey-goodness :) mmmmmmmMMMMMMMMM

Peace!

No comments: