One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Murphys Law

What in the world is going on in my neck of the woods?!? I tell ya, Murphy's Law has hit my house like no other! If something isnt falling, its breaking, or spilling. Case in point: As I was pouring juice this morning the cereal box decided for some unknown reason to just tip over and knock juice all over the counter, me and my kitchen rug, that I had just washed 2 days ago. Why is juice so attracted to just washed objects.
Along with the lovely deployment stress *hello, nice to see you again*
Lillia is acting up, badly, and regressing a bit in the potty training area *whimper, I worked so very hard to get her here* I'm not dumb, I know its because she senses the changes and tension in the air. BD and I are desperatly trying hard to keep things normal for her. This is a new ball game for me, I never had a 2 1/2 yr old and 1 1/2 yr old while he's gone.
And last night, Murphy gave us the grand finale *I hope..please* Last deployment BD left 2 days before our anniversary, which freakin sucked. Yesterday he got his orders and he's once again, leaving within spitting * VERY SHORT spitting* distance of our anniversary. yes, I know, things change, but to see that date on the paper is just crushing. They can't put it off a week or more even would be lovely, so we're free and clear of anything important?? seriously Army!?? Why do III get cosmicly screwed 2 deployments in a row?? Yes, we are celebrating our anniversary on an earlier date, but..comeon...its still the fact of the matter of it would be nice to be together ON the day. It is so close to our anniversary that it COULD be helped, but it's not..as of yet. Just gimmie a break. This is also our 5 yr anniversary and on our wedding day we said we were going to renew our vows on our 5yr, which we decided awhile back we wouldn't do this year, and theres also a saying in military that a lot of couples in the military don't make it to 5 years, so It's a very important year for us. 3 deployments, 2 kids, 5 years. And BD and I are both having a bit of a pity party at the moment *we'll pick ourselves back up in a day or two and drive on like we always do* and this was just the icing on top of the cake.
My only consolation is that this is *hopefully* our last deployment..yes..you heard me right..last..deployment..ever. As of now we are ETSing in 2012. Bye Bye Army. And by the time BD gets home we shouldn't have another deployment. The Army has been good to us and gave us a great start in life, but its time for us to step out on our own now.

So bloggies, if any of you wanna chase off Murphy for a bit that would just be lovely :) And if you pray, please say a prayer for us!
As of now, Im looking forward to the marriage retreat and hopefully that'll give us the rest/recharge we need! 10 days!! Countdown time!

Love all my bloggies! :) *MUAHHHH*

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I think Murphys Law was out with a vengence yesterday! My cousin had a pipe break in his closet flooding his room, then his computer crashed, and when he thought that was it his car wouldnt start. It seems he passed it on to me because of all a sudden our dryer stopped working! Ugh Murphy needs to go away for sure! Hopefully something will happen to where he can be there for your anny! Shaun missed our 1st one and no doubt if he wouldnt have taken this instructor job instead of pcsing with his unit he would be gone for #2. Hope things get better for you guys!