One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, April 15, 2010

get aways

The last few days have been rough. The reality of Josh leaving has kicked in, My very good friend went back to Hawaii, and I've decided to stay here during the deployment, which brings on it's all new set of challenges.
and my children..my darling children. They have gotten into the "i am going to get into absolutely everything" phase, and the "I dont have to listen to a word you say" phase.
I am very excited though that we are definatly going to the Marriage retreat on April 30th. without the kids!!! I am so so excited. An overnight without the kids! woohoo I can't wait!!!! I am so looking forward to it
I am also looking forward to celebrating BD and I's anniversary over leave! 2-3 nights, all alone, without kids!! woohoo Maybe I'll finally make up the sleep deficit of the last 3 years lol We have never gone away for our anniversary, nor did we have a honeymoon. We barely had a wedding night :) lol *those of you close to me know -that- story lol*
I'm trying to keep positive and think about all the great things coming up and the special time BD and I will have.

So, I'm planning on being crafty..I know, shocking huh? I remember as a kid taking an orange and poking whole cloves all over it and it made a homemade room freshner and I loved it! It smelled so good! SOOO.. I have oranges, and I have cloves...Voila!! yes..simple..but my name and Crafty just dont go together, so this is quite the step for me :)

We're supposed to have leftovers for dinner.....I don't quit know if I'm feelin that though....*sigh* The thing is, for lunch I eat leftovers..daily...So the thought of leftovers again for dinner isnt too thrilling. I dunno what we'll have..but...my oranges await :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yay for marriage retreats and getting away from the little ones! We did the orange and clove thing around thanksgiving/christmas and it smelt so good.