One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

To my baby boy

To my baby boy,

I never thought I'd get to say that. "My baby boy" Wow! I still can't believe I'm going to have you.. a baby boy. I can't wait to hold you in my arms, touch your little toes and fingers, touch your soft hair. You, my boy, have made our family complete! I'm 26wks pregnant now..only 90 days until I will hold you. I am so excited to meet you. I dreamed that you had your daddies hair and face shape, along with my facial features. We'll see if that proves true.

You are a very active baby. From our very first ultrasound at 9 weeks you were rockin around in there and have been every time since. I wonder who you'll look like. I hope you have your daddies hair and nose. Neither of your sisters have his nose. I call you my "right hand man" because you always hang out on the right side of mommies tummy.

Speaking of your sisters, boy are you in for it. They are going to be two little mommas to you, especially little girl, who has already said that you are sleeping with her in her bed.

Mommy doesn't understand boys..after having two girls. Daddy tells me it's just like girls, only no pink, but I dont know that I believe him. :-)
Your daddy is so excited. He loves making decisions about carseats and furniture and clothes, for you. I may not get to hold you for the first day after your born, once your daddy latches onto you.

You are very protective of mommy already. Every time daddy starts talking to you and pushes on my stomach playing with you or you feel his hand resting on my stomach, you kick at him. I swear that you know his hand from mine because you don't do that stuff with mommy. You don't like daddy touching me, invading 'our' space. haha

You will be one LOVED little boy! Your sisters already adore you and ask me daily if you can come out of my tummy yet.

I promise to love you more than life itself. I promise to let you be YOU, whomever that is. I promise to try my hardest to give you everything you want and need. I promise to be your mom, not your friend. I promise to turn you into a caring, kind, polite, gentleman. Chivalry is not dead my boy!

I love you my son!!!!

Momma

2 comments:

Laura said...

Boys are so much easier. Well, aside from the millions of mini heart attacks that they give you from their fearless attempts at crawling over, jumping from, and climbing of things. Then there is the whole I-like-to-get-dirty thing, but give them anything with wheels and they are good to go for hours. The best part....NO DRAMA!

My Life as an Army Wife said...

No Drama !?!? AHH Bliss!!! lol