One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Monday, July 6, 2015

Days 3 and 4. Also HUGE progress that my body is changing for the better!

Day 3 dawned and I felt like I had downed a fifth in the night. My head was pounding, my teeth hurt, I still had the jello limb syndrome.  After I got up and ate though I felt 75% better.  Breakfast was 2 hard boiled eggs, sauteed squash, 1/2 an avocado, and watermelon.   I feel like I'm starting to get a better grip on how much I should eat.
Another huge thing on day 3... I woke up and my hands weren't swollen!!  PEOPLE!  This.IS.HUGE.  I wake up every morning and my hands are so swollen they are stiff and I couldn't get my rings off if I tried, it's painful! It's not uncommon for me to get up at some point in the night and take off my rings because my hands are already so swollen.  Woke up, day 3, and my rings were able to be turned on my finger!!  I'm seriously so in shock! This is huge!! 3 days, just 3 days and my hands don't hurt this morning!  Major victory!

Dinner was baked chicken, roasted sweet potatoes and fresh steam broccoli.  I have always, always, always hated sweet potatoes and tonight I tried 3 pieces... (I still don't like them)  But I tried them!  yay me!!


Day 4 dawned and not only were my hands not swollen, my ring was lose!! Crazy!!   This morning was a smoothie.  I was very watchful of my portions.. Large handful of spinach, blackberries, almond butter and coconut milk.    I also had a hard boiled egg and 1/2 an avocado.   We were at the park this morning and by the time we got home at noon I was having HUGE hunger issues.  I can't seem to manage my hunger today.  I feel like I'm over eating.   Lunch was leftover baked chicken with squash, broccoli, and 1 small potato all sauteed and some watermelon.

We had our first dinner out tonight... I got a strawberry grilled chicken salad.  Maybe 1/2 tsp dressing which was a vinaigrette and I'm sure it wasn't whole 30 approved. I didn't like the taste..salad was great though and not a bad combo of healthy fats, with walnuts in it.    All in all I'm really proud of the choice I made.

Felt great today besides the worlds worst caffeine headache.  I hope tomorrow is better, hunger-wise. I couldn't seem to get full today.. had a couple snacks...

All in all.. feeling great for day 4!

No comments: