One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Monday, July 13, 2015

Day 11............ I must confess... I ate a chip.

So far so good!  

We took an impromptu night away last weekend and I didn't *Purposely* cheat on Whole 30  (I'll explain that later) ,...    I was SUPER proud of myself.. The Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt was SO tempting.. like.. way way tempting.. The bread at Outback was another HUGE temptation.
The food I had maybe wasn't the *best* but it -was- all Whole 30 Approved.

I did have one small problem.... We were in Whole Foods getting some food for breakfast and they had a sample of Guacamole and I thought "OH! YAH! I can have guacamole".. Sooo I took a chip..scooped a big dollop of Guacamole on there and munched away.. Man it was good guacamole...........  We continued walking and I gave the girls samples of veggie chips and they asked if I was having one.. I told them no, I can't have...............................and it hit me....... I stood there in Whole foods and said...louder than I maybe should have .. "NOOO!! I ATE A CHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"    Of course J is all like "ya  I saw that".. Dude.. WHY didn't you smack it out of my hand!?!?   "well I figured you knew what you were doing" .. ya.. I don't.  apparently.    It was completely 100% unconscious and it didn't hit me until 3-4 minutes later that I ate a chip.. *sigh*

Anyways.. I'm overall very pleased with this weekend! Not one on purpose cheat.

We've tried spaghetti squash for the first time...even the kids.. Can't say it's my total favorite but.. it's alright.

I'm not struggling with hunger anymore except for in the evenings, which was my main snacking time.  

Mentally..I've kinda hit a wall.  My hands have gone back to hurting over the past 5 days and I'm not sure why.  It's a downer as it was the one thing that was huge for me to fix.   Overall I kinda feel like a whale..,...I hope by the end all of this will level out.

We're getting ready to head out again tonight for another night away.  J is having surgery tomorrow so we will be staying with his parents for the night and then his surgery tomorrow.  This time I have food prepped..snack bags of carrots, Larabars, apples... ect.. While I'm at the surgery center waiting.

I've also prepped some food for this week.  J will be on  bed rest for 2 weeks and then in a boot for 3 weeks ..so due to the nature of his job he will be home for a total of 5 weeks.. so I needed to get ahead of the game for this week at least and have some quick/easy meals.. I boiled some eggs, riced some cauli-flower.. I plan to cook a whole chicken and portion that up.

I'm learning that being prepared is key!


No comments: