One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Day 5/6

Day 5 was a tricky day...  I really bulked up and ate a lot of breakfast because Wes had 3 hours of therapy and I knew food wouldn't be available.  I made an avocado egg bake.  Take 1/2 an avocado and put an egg in the middle then bake for 25 mins.  It was super good. I didn't think I'd like it because..well..hot avocado..yuck.  But it was really good.  I had some bacon, yes I found Whole 30 approved bacon. and a large bowl of watermelon/cantaloupe.  

It kept me full and for the first time in a long time I didn't have the dreaded 2pm "I just need to sleep now" crash.  Therapy days are hard. They are very exhausting, mentally and physically and I was really worried how it would go yesterday.  Happy to say it went fabulous and I felt great all day.

Dinner was turkey burgers with avocado.  Not the best because I normally have a "filler" like bread crumbs to thicken the turkey up and I couldn't use any of that so I didn't like the consistency.
Lunches are pretty much the same.. a stir-fry of sorts.  A meat and then an assortment of veggies all sauteed together.

Day 6..so far so good.  Feeling great. Ring is lose.  Hands not swollen or hurt in the least.  I'm even starting to feel a difference in some of my tighter clothes fitting better. I haven't dared to step on a scale for fear I would get cocky and allow myself a treat.
My energy is great.. sleeping really well.  

I feel really good.  

I tried Cauli-rice tonight.  Pretty good! It was a nice alternative to rice.

I'm learning that just because I want to eat, doesn't mean I need to. I'm learning that when I want to eat I need to stop, slow down, and find out the real cause.. Am I *really* hungry? or am I stressed? Do I need to rest for a minute? Do I need to drink some water?   I don't *need* to snack in the evenings.  I'm learning that grains and sugar and the occasional wine make my body feel bad..which is it? all 3? just 1? Is it an issue of over consumption?  I don't know the answer to that right now.

Day 6 and I'm really glad I'm doing this!

No comments: