One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 15

Breakfast was scrambled eggs with green chili sauce, leftover roast chicken, leftover sauteed veggies from a couple days ago, and some watermelon.
I woke up feeling wonderful!! First night of solid sleep in about a week.. Due to J's surgery we were getting up 1-2 times a night so he could eat and take more meds but last night was the first night he didn't take any all night.

We were a military family for 8 years..for 8 years I knew exactly how much our paycheck would be and could fully budget 3-4 days before we even got paid.  The transition from that to the fact our paycheck can be different every time we get paid is very hard on me.  I'm a planner, I budget... I'm very number focused...  We also get different pay checks at different times every month.  It's been the hardest part of transition.. Not knowing until we actually get the money, how much we'll get or IF we'll even get it.    For the past 3 1/2 years I don't sleep very well the night before we get paid.  I'm up 2,3,4 times a night checking to see if we got paid and how much..then after I see it's in our account I lay in bed and budget (in my head) quickly.   It's a huge stress for me.   As a one income family I have to be on.the.dot. with the budget or else we're in for a world of hurt. It's my job to make everything "work".. 99% of the time I'm on the dot and I like it that way.   There's no room for uncertainties..   Nights before we get paid are very stressful for me.   Waiting on money..that is a different amount every month..and that comes at different times every month is probably one of my biggest stresses.  So for 3 1/2 years my sleep is horrible the night we are to get paid...I always slept fairly light and I would wake up and the stress would hit me and the cycle continued all night.
For the first time ... in 3 1/2 years.... I slept last night..the night before we got paid.  I actually slept all night and it was an incredibly deep sleep.  I woke up refreshed and remembered "OH..it's payday"..
HUGE!

I can feel my stress is lower.. My day to day stress is still very high but the constant feeling of being overwhelmed and stressed and unhappy on top of my daily stress is gone.

We grilled every bit of our dinner tonight.  Steaks, veggie kabobs, and pineapple.  Super yummy and my kitchen stayed clean! yay!  Win win!

Day 15... Rocked it.

No comments: