One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Friday, July 24, 2015

Day 22

So I kinda fell off the blogging wagon.   Sorry.. I was buried under piles of laundry.   I've safely made it to the top though.

Here we are.. Solidly on day 22.  It's going pretty well. I am starting to get a bit bored of food, especially lunch.   Some of my faves, though, are, Hamburger hash.. Hamburger, potatoes, any veggies you wanna throw in and just cook until potatoes are tender then top with a fried egg and green chili sauce.. amazeballs!   I'm eating  a lot of eggs, which I don't mind.  I'm not a cereal/oatmeal person anyways so most days I would just skip breakfast instead of preparing something, like eggs, for myself.  So I'm kind of enjoying *Having* to make breakfast every day.    I eat apples with almond butter often.. I top it with coconut and almonds.  Super yummy.  
Last night I hit a wall.. I just could NOT make dinner one.more.time.   We ended up ordering the kids pizza and then J and I had a gift card to Chilis so we ordered from there... He had salmon and I Had a bacon burger, no cheese, no bun, no mayo.     I was very sad to see that the ONLY vegetable Chilis offered was corn and broccoli.
We also eat a lot of bunless hamburgers and tacos.   We make taco meat and then eat it on lettuce. I think next time we'll try cabbage instead.
We grill more of our food now.
One day my goal was to absolutely not cook ANY part of dinner in my kitchen..  We had steaks, veggies, and pineapple all on the grill. It was delish!   And my kitchen stayed clean.


Today we went to our local market and found some amazing deals on fruits/veggies.
I really love eating like this and to top it off..our budget is better this month than it has ever been.
My sleep is amazing.  Most days my energy is pretty good. I'm happier. I don't have a constant "fog" around me.  Neither Josh or I have felt bloated after eating in the last 22 days. I have zero cravings for soda.  I feel more confident.    After 3 years of not being able to drop any weight no matter how much I tried it is absolutely mind blowing to me that I can be full, eat a good amount of food, and STILL lose 12 lbs in 14 days with zero working out.  I plan to start hitting the gym again once the kids are in school and this was absolutely the jump start I needed.


Tonights dinner will be roast, Brussels, and probably avocado.. I'm not sure.  I found a great deal on Brussels at the market today so I'm going to attempt to cook them. I've only ever had them frozen, in a package so it'll be interesting if I like fresh ones.

For lunch I stole some of the roast out of the crockpot and had cauli-mash, carrots and some unsweetened applesauce.

No comments: