One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Day 2 "Day of the Jello Limbs"



Woke up feeling like I had completed an Iron man in the night.  My arms and legs feel like jello.  My back feels like I was hit with a 2x4.   Mentally I feel alert and great...  but My limbs are screaming "Why must I do things"  I shall hereby dub today "Day of the Jello Limbs"     

I made a smoothie for breakfast... I know smoothies aren't a preferred food on Whole 30 but I think if I am really careful I can make it work. I'm not a huge breakfast person and it's really hard for me to eat a substantial meal in the morning.. but it's something I can work on.   I'm pretty proud of today's smoothie and was very cautious about my fruit intake.   I shared with Josh so that makes it better, right?

approx 10 frozen blackberries
coconut cream
TBL almond butter
2 tsp flax seed
1/2 a banana
2 handfuls spinach
Water to thin it out a tad

It was REALLY good! I need a better blender as my immersion blender didn't do too well.   I'm following it with 2 poached eggs and some iced black tea. 

Lunch was a HUGE salad with nearly everything Whole 30 I owned.  It was really good and 3 hours later I'm still pleasantly full.   

I made Dallas' Watermelon Salad and tried a bit of that.  Whole 30 approved and SO SO yummy! I'm becoming excited for "healthy food",.  All too often, before, my "excitement" would be Happy Hour at Sonic or ice cream and I'm happy that even just 2 days in I am excited and totally satisfied by watermelon salad. 



Dinner is grilled hamburger patties topped with avocado and lettuce,  "Zucchini fries" broiled in the oven and maybe some broiled white potatoes seasoned with Dill. 







No comments: