One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankfulness Update

Because of my Mini vacay, being sick, and two little munchkins that broke my laptop cord I got way behind on my thankfulness..I know you all will forgive me and let me restart to today..because you all are so awesome. :-)

Today is Veterans day..a special day in our family. Many men have served this great country. My dad, my great uncle, and my husband.

So today, on Veterans day I am thankful that my husband came home alive after 3 year long deployments. Everyday isn't a guarantee. Everyday I lived in fear of what I could lose. Everyday I prayed I wouldn't lose him. The last thing I ever wanted to be was a war widow. I never wanted my kids to grow up without their dad.
I, personally, know a few brave men who laid down their lives for this country. I absolutely cannot imagine dealing with a situation like that.

I am so so thankful that my husband returned home safe to me.


Happy Veterans Day to all those that served, are serving, or have laid down their lives for this country.

No comments: