One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Most Treasured Things

I know you really aren't supposed to treasure 'things' but I was thinking the other day what do I have that I would absolutely NOT part with given that I had to sell or leave everything. Things that I just cannot buy again.


One of my most favorite things is the picture I have of Josh and both girls when he was going back to Afghanistan this last deployment. I snapped the picture of them walking away and one of my friends jazzed it up for me. It's absolutely gorgeous. My most favorite picture I have in my house. I've gotten so many compliments on it.






Another treasured Item is the glass yellow rose my dad got me one year for Valentines Day. My dad would always give me a yellow rose on special occasions, a tradition we've started with our girls. It's a real yellow rose that was embossed *or whatever you want to call it* in glass. It's stunning. The detail is stunning. The meaning behind it is even more amazing. He mailed it to me one year for Valentines Day and I believe it was the only present where I have actually started crying big tears when I opened it. I will have to be medicated when and if it ever breaks.




Another prized possession I have is the statue of a Soldier I bought for hubs as a welcome home present after his first deployment. The thing is stunning. (The price was stunning too, but that was before we had kids so we could just blow money) The artist only made 500 of these, so it's a fairly rare statue.


I think the last treasured item I have is the cedar chest my dad hand made for me. It means the world to me. It's gorgeous and the most beautiful piece of furniture I have. I don't know that I could ever part with it. It's housed everything from my wedding dress, to blankets, to pictures and now it's my Tv stand.





What are some of your most treasured items? Am I the only one who has treasured items?

1 comment:

Stacee Hord said...

Wow - all these are so awesome!
That picture is amazing and something that I'm sure you'll cherish forever! Very precious. =)

And the yellow rose is just beautiful. What a sweet idea. =)

I think one of my most treasured items is a scrapbook that Corey made for me for my 17th birthday when we were dating. He made this really cute rhyme throughout the book journeying the first 4 months of our relationship.

I love you!!!