One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Sunday, November 20, 2011

All you need is love

I read a blog last week and, let me tell you, it was one of the best things I've ever read. It touched me deeply. Only those that know me well know just how deeply and WHY it touched me the way it did. I won't out the what/why, ect because it's no ones business but I posted it on my facebook wall and I'm going to post it here. If you haven't read it please take a minute and do.

http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/im-christian-unless-youre-gay.html

I've wanted to share this on my blog since it came out but was having trouble finding the right words to say. I still don't know that I have the right words, but I'm going to try because this needs to be said. Reading this brought tears to my eyes, it made me smile, it touched me. I believe every word that was written here.

I'm a christian. Been a Christian all my life. To all the other christians out there let me ask you, Who did Jesus hang out with? Did he hang out with the 'holy ones' of the day? No. He hung out with the sinners. What does the Bible say about judging? uhh, something along the lines of, leave it up to God. The Bible also says to love one another.

My point is this, you can dislike the choices a person makes, whether it's being of a different religion, whether it's being a different race, whether it's the choices one makes for their life or whether it's being gay, but...BUT, You can love the person. You can love the person and be friends with them.

I've had friends that were different religions, had no religion, been gay, Did drugs and so on and even though I may not agree with their choices for MY life that doesn't stop the friendship or the love. It doesn't touch the friendship. It's their life. It's not my life. Being friends with someone different than me doesn't change me because I know who I am but hating, disliking or bashing them for THEIR choices does affect me. It hardens my heart.

I don't judge people for their choices. I just don't. What they do with their life is their business, not mine.

I didn't always think like this and it breaks my heart that years ago I thought and acted differently. It breaks my heart to think about the people I missed being friends with or the relationships I missed out on.

You don't have to agree with someone's sin to be friends with them. Their life, their choices, but why should that stop me from a friendship? We all sin, whether it be big or small. Whether it be murder or a hard heart. It's all sin. Should we all lose love and support and friendship because of sin?

To you: You know who you are: I love you! I accept you!

If you are interested in seeing a follow up to the above post, from danoah.com you can check out this link:

http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/powerful-responses-to-im-christian-unless-youre-gay-blog.html

No comments: