One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Saturday, May 7, 2011

no more BK goodness

I love Burger King..I really really do. Their fries are the best ever and now that they have new chicken tenders those are AH-MAZ-ING. So last night the girls and I were out running a few errands, it was late, nobody had napped so we headed to BK. I decided against my better judgment to actually go INTO the resteraunt. I still had errands to run after, the kids were hungry then, so we did. I was already a tad bit cranky... So anyways we go in, I order, I order my kids a reg. meal that they are going to share bc I didn't want to deal with the stupid lil toy kids meal thing. chicken nuggets, I promised chicken nuggets, they had their hearts set on chicken nuggets....well wadda ya know that stinkin woman gives them a toy..Okay, be polite, thank youuuu..*rolls eyes* Then Lillia decides to climb the railing thing and the lady takes it upon herself to holler at my child as I'm trying to order..heres the thing..If I'm standing there, granted I can't see behind me where lillia was, BUT, say to me "she's climbing" or SOMETHING and I will take care of it, do NOT take it upon yourself to holler at my child. So my cranky mood was pushed further. Partly bc of Miss BK and partly bc I already told my child to behave.
So whatever, I ordered, I told her it was for here NOT to go. She calls my number and theres a bag of food there, I stare at her, ask her if thats mine, she says yes... "uhm, I said it was for here" "ohhhhh sorry! 2 number 5's" "uhm..no..I wanted 2 #12's"
So Miss BK starts in with "you REALLY REALLY REALLY SAID you wanted 2 #5's" aruging with me. At this point I have to look at the menu and see what a number 5 is bc I haven't the faintest Idea what a number 5 could possibly be because I have NEVER in my LIFE ordered a number 5. I look and see its 2 grossly HUGE burgers with all kinds of goopy crap on it. All the while she is going on trying to convince me of what I ordered, which further angered me. I've worked in food service, If a customer says an order is wrong..and order is WRONG so you FIX IT, regardless of what YOU may think. At this point I'm standing there staring at her doing the blinking thing trying my hardest to not go to jail. Then (at here's where I turn into Crazy psyho woman) she starts LAUGHING at me saying "well I wondered what you were going to do with 2 huge burgers" see...now..here's the thing.. do not laugh at me bc YOU can't get my order right. WHY would I order something that I didn't even know existed on the menu and if you can't even get my here/to go status correct what makes you think you are soooo right about WHAT I ordered to begin with..and perhaps if you weren't hollering at my child as I was trying to order you would have gotten the order correct.... PERHAPS!?
So she sees that my blood is officially boiling and then says "oh okay, do you want me to change it" At this point all I can squeak out is "no..don't touch my food again" and I walk off. I do have to say that I owe my kids BIG TIME..big..big..TIME, bc they didn't flip when they saw the burgers instead of chicken which is a miracle in and of itself. My kids actually half way ate the food, which I was VERY thankful for. Lillia ate bread and fries and I actually got a 'num num" from Lana who ate the burger.
She then had her lil drive through boy come out and talk to me and try to make it right and frankly, I didn't want to talk to him either bc all he wanted to do was tell me what was ON the burgers which I already knew bc I had looked at them. I ended up telling him it was fine bc I really don't like sending food back, especially if they know I'm mad at them. I'm paranoid they'll spit in it or something and my kids -were- eating it so I let it be. Honestly, it's probably best I let it be because I woulda either ended up kicked out of BK or in jail. (yes, I really do have that much pent up stress and I -was- really that angry) I will not be going back to that Bk anytime soon which is sad for me bc the only other one is on post. Now I gotta drive all the way on post for the beautiful BK goodness.

Isn't BK's motto "Have it your way" ? Heads up..Not at the one on Rancier, for those in Killeen, The motto is "Have it OUR way"

No comments: