One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Findin a boy to marry me up!



I'm starting to become a little worried about my little princess. She's starting to show some signs that I, and I'm sure her father too, if he were here, would find disturbing.

For instance: She has had a very candid discussion with her preschool teacher about how she wants to 'find a boy to marry her up' ( yes, her exact 3 year old words) and tells me daily that she *really*..no..REALLY MOM, needs a boy to 'marry her up' and "can daddy help find me a boy to marry me up" Before she leaves her preschool she will walk up to these 2 certain boys (twins so less) and say to them "Bye boys, I have to go now" to which they just stare at her. (PS: I don't find that very friendly, that's so 'guy-ish' At least say goodbye to my baby!) The child will search out these boys (Cutest little black twin boys ya ever saw) and tell them "Bye boys, I have to go now"

and then today..........the whopper.......... We are outside playing and this guy rides by on his bike and by 'bike' I mean bicycle. (black guy again..starting to see her preference...it's all good!) The guy was at LEAST 16 bc he had on his lovely "I'm going to work at Mcdonalds" shirt. (at least she's pickin men with jobs) and after he rides by she comes up to me and says:
Lillia: Mom, that was Corley (..I dunno..)
Me: Oh really now, How do you know that?
Lillia: Because he's my guy
Me: I'm sorry..what?..he's your guy?
Lillia: yes, he's my guy..His name is Corley, He's riding hims bike to Hims house. I'm going there later but for now I'll just stay and bisit wif you. (I swear..I am NOT kidding..I could not make this stuff up)
Me: well...How kind of you... What are you going to do at his house?
Lillia: I'm just gonna play wif his brothers and sisters

and she walks off for a few seconds...comes back and says:
Mom, Can you open that gate so that I can go call that boy and say hi to him? I'll stay on the sidewalk because we never ever go in the street or stomp in the street or run in the street...cars run us over. (As she is explaining to me what we 'never ever do in the street' she is acting them out by stomping and running in place...just imagine that)
Me: No, I am not opening the gate, no you are not going to holler at boys and I'm sure he's gone by now hon.
Lillia: No he's not...his house is right down there...and his name is Corley.
Me: Lillia.........go play.


Now can you see why I'm starting to get a bit worried? She starts school in a few months........ Lord help us!

No comments: