One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

This leave has been pretty awesome. We started out with a fun trip back home to Ks. Got 3 days away just BD and I at a lovely, beautiful bed and breakfast. Spent good time with family, Yesterday was honorary Fathers Day at our house, I let BD sleep in then made him Waffles with strawberries and powdered sugar, bacon and fruit and we went and got his tat added on last night *His fathers day present* then last night I got to stay in the most beautiful, romantic Hotel Suite I've ever been in. BD surprised me with the Executive King Suite, Roses, a beautiful note, and champagne.
It was a lovely, beautiful evening. It's been one of the best 2 weeks we've had in a very long time.
I can't tell you how much this pre-deployment leave differs from last deployment. I was newly pregnant, exteremly sick and my marriage was NOT what it is now. Our marriage was in a way different place than it is now and I can't tell you how much relief it is knowing the state of my marriage now with this deployment coming up. It takes a strong marriage to withstand a deployment. We've withstood 2 of them and this time I know without a shadow of a doubt we will withstand this one. Each deployment comes with its set of challenges, I have no doubt this one will, actually I know for a fact it'll have HUGE challenges but I am already praying for my husbands safety, so I ask, if you pray, to pray for not only my husband but every other soldier out there who is at war, fighting for our Country. Pray for every wife who lost her husband due to war.

To those who have helped us the last few months with everything that has been given to us, whether its watching our kids or helping us with things that wouldn't have happened without your help, Thank you! I can't tell you how eternally greatful I am, how greatful my husband is. I am about to be a single mother for a year, my husband is about to go to war, You have helped us way more than you know. Thank you. THANK YOU! Thank you for your support, thank you for your love, thank you for your generosity. There was a time when we didn't know what a 'date' was, there was a time we were so stressed we just didn't know what to do so thank you! For our children, thank you.

Nobody understands the stresses of pre deployment and deployment unless you live it and the generosity we have been shown means the absolute world to us. You've given us a gift we could only hope to pass on one day!

May you be equally blessed. Happy Memorial Day

No comments: