One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

home sweet home

Our leave is 1/2 over. We had a great time on our anniversary 'getaway' We didn't get the exact room we had reserved due to plumbing issues but we are So glad we got the room that we did. It was a cottage away from the main house and it felt like we were at an ocean. It was amazing. We had some Cold Stone Creamery *YUM* ate at some really yummy places, If you're ever in Wichita, Ks I highly suggest TJ's Burger House and Jimmie's Diner *Home of "THE" Best malts ever!* We slept in, went shopping, and even went Ice skating. Yes..me..Ice skating. As BD and I walked...er.shuffled onto the ice it was made apparently clear that we were "the Old people" as we watched 50 middle schoolers skate around us. I also got a beautiful present while skating....A huge..ugly..Bruise on my knee. We completely enjoyed the HUGE whirlpool tub in our cottage, heavenly. All in all it was a great time and we soo needed the time away. I missed my babies terribly but yet it was slightly sad to have the 'freedom' end.
We're back home now and spending the week running errands and catching up on "business' and then BD goes back to work.
The dreaded work. The time is quickly approaching. Some days I'm ready for it to start and other days I dread it with every fiber of my being.
I know I'll get through the year okay. We have our schedule which literally keeps me going. Thats my key to survival, that and my TV shows :). Our schedule doesn't change much wether its deployment time or not. Our daily schedule stays the same for the most part..little changes but for the most part it stays the same. Which is my saving grace.
But for now I will be focusing on spending time with BD for the rest of leave and on our memorial day BBQ

Peace!

No comments: