One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Sunday, May 2, 2010

What a weekend

so this weekend BD and I had the marriage retreat at Great Wolf Lodge, thanks to my wonderful 'live in at the moment' in laws for watching the girls, we had a very nice time. It was so nice just spending time with BD. Eating dinner in silence, not getting woken up at night. We went to some classes. The one that did us the most good was the personality class, where we learned about our personalities, quite fascinating! Overall we had a very good time. We ate some very yummy icecream. Had a very yummy 10 dolla margarita. All in all it was a great, relaxing time. We came back home refreshed and I missed my babies so much!

So, those that know me, know that water and I don't get along. I pretty much flunked out of swimming lessons *dont ask* lol sooooo I decided before we got there that i was going to find the biggest water slide and go down it, *I also don't do any sort of water slide/amusement park kinda stuff* So we get to the water park and we head straight to the slides, in my effort to be more adventurous. I make BD get the 2 seater innertubes bc, well, I'm not -that- brave to go alone. It takes me a couple tries to get myself in it, but I do and weeeeeeeeeeeeee down we go. Now, nobody informed me that part of the slide was open, it was not an all enclosed slide. Think Winter Olymics with me for a second, when the luge dudes go around their lil track thing and nearly fly off the side of said track. Yes, that was me. Flying down the slide at 300 mph about to fly off the whole slide. I swear, the whole water park heard my screams of "OMG IM DYING, AHHHHHHH, OH..MY..GOOOOOSSHHHHHH..my BABIEEESSS" We finally make it through that slide and i think, ok..not too bad. almost died but kind of a rush. So we decide to try one of the other slides ( the adrinaline in me was causing me to not think clearly) so we hike back up the 5 flights of stairs, get in our little innertube thingie and then it hits me, oh..my..gosh, what if this slide is like the last, i cant handle it..and of course by that time we're already being pushed by the lifeguard dude, to which i said "dude..push slowly!!!* Heres the thing I learned..slow pushes do NOT equal slow ride. Soooo down we go..and it hits me......I go Pentacostal...."JESUS HELP ME, OMG, JESUS MY BABIES NEEED MEE" yes.......I did..............*can I just add at this point that my husband was having the time of his life, and I was adding to his enjoyment* So we're almost through this slide and I realize it isnt a open slide so Im like..SWEET I can do this!!
Right as that thought goes through my mind we hit the pool area. Now at this point something happened, I hit the water and I fly into the water and 3 miliseconds later BD comes in after me, so I'm nearly drowning, under the water and I stand up and the freakin innertube in ON MY HEAD..like a huge gonga "Great Wolf Lodge" Crown. BD so lovelingly gets the 'crown' off my head as Im choking up water *recall near the end I was doing okay, so my mouth was open, not closed, ready for impact as it should have been* and I do believe I drank 10 gallons of water. I think the poor lifrguard lady was poised and ready to come in after me. lol
But all things considered...I had the time of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'd do it again in a heartbeat...ok..maybe not that darn open slide, but everything else.......I loved it!!!

No comments: