One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

There arose such a clatter................ In El Paso

It was 12:30am. All was quiet in sleepy house. Pregs had just fallen into a blissful sleep when all of a sudden there arose such a clatter.... our doorbell being obnoxiously hit upon...time and time again. So, being the strong Army wife that I am I woke up hubs... My first thought being that if we are about to get robbed I want him to open the door, but then I realized nobody rings a doorbell before they rob you....or do they? Maybe they were polite theives.. Or Police, in which case it would be best if Hubs answered the door anyways because I freeze around Police. Throw my hands up and say "OKAY I DID IT!!! TAKE ME!" even if I didn't. (I'm Police-a-phobic)

Hubs got up and stood there by the door..........while they continued their assult on our doorbell. I'm not exactly sure why he just stood there instead of opening the door so they could quit their assult because at this point I was scared I would have two kids awake also and I didn't want them to see me being taken away to jail for some unknown crime.

He finally snapped out of it and did his manly duty and found out what the "intruders" wanted.

Turns out that the 'intruders' were none other than the "Samoans 3 doors down" (We totally nickname all our neighbors, they live next to 'Smokers magoo') letting us know that our dome lights were on in the car.

I didn't know whether to be pleased that they were so kind to alert us or irritated that they thought it was acceptable to blow up my doorbell in such a manner when my house was obviously dark and after 5 minutes of nobody answering the door, they still continued on their mission.

I'm leaning more towards irritated because should our battery have died Hubs could have dealt with that at 430am when he got up, but I'm kinda mean like that.

Hubs and pregs fell into a blissful (okay, well, he did) sleep with our last words being "wow.. That was weird"

Pregs heaved a sigh of relief that, once again, she missed the strong arm of the Law.


And to all A GoodNight!

No comments: