One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Kids Are So Honest

I'm getting the feeling my kids think I'm old, fat, and ugly. Last week little girl came up to me and said "Momma you old like my old baby doll" Mind you, the doll she was talking about is missing an arm and a leg and has unknown substances all over her princess dress. I guess the upside, if there is one, is that it's her favorite doll. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Then Big girl and I had the following conversation the other day at the Bus stop. BG: Mom, You sure were a lot cuter when you were younger Me: well dear...sometimes that happens. BG: And sometimes you stay cute forever like sissy and I will? Me:............ yyyyuuup.. Sometimes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ And then this morning I get hit with this: BG: Mom, how come your butt jiggles when you walk? Me: ............... I don't know BG: It does. Just like my teachers butt jiggles when she walks too. How come you're guyses butts jiggle? Me: oookay.. go play. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I'm thinking after I have this baby I need to go on a major diet and have some plastic surgery to deal with my jiggly butt, ugly face, and old self. *sigh*

2 comments:

Stacee Hord said...

Aw! I get to hear some of the things that the daycare kids say to my mom and I wonder where the heck they even learned that from! Anyways, I'm definitely not ready to be a parent because if they said that to me I'd tell my kid to go to timeout! Haha.. Okay, not really, but I'm sure that since you don't feel like your normal self you're feeling more sensitive than usual. Just think about your wonderful baby boy and what a joy he's going to be in your and Josh's life. Count yourself as blessed to be a pregnant woman with a jiggly butt! Just remember that regardless of a jiggly butt and pregnant belly you are definitely beautiful and you have a beautiful family to go right along with it. I love you and can't wait to see photos of your new little man!

Josh said...

I promise to always love you for YOU!! No matter what you look like, no matter what I look like, and no matter what jiggles and what doesn't.
PS- I kinda like the jiggle ;)