One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

4 year olds and You tube

Big girl knows that she is only allowed to watch certain shows on my Ipad. (ie: NOT Bratz and other teenagerish shows) I walked into my room where she was watching TV to see what she was watching and tell her it was time for bed and saw her watching Youtube... A tutorial on How to make Playdough.

Me: You're watching how to make playdough?
Her: yah
Me: really!?!? You're watching how to make playdough?!
She stares at me for a second and says: Is that a bad show to watch?
Me, laughing: No
Her: Oh, okay, Well then I want to watch more "How to do things shows" tomorrow, Okay mom?
I stared at her.............. Okay.

I have no clue how she found how to make playdough on Youtube... She can't even read.


Then yesterday morning she was putting her plate in the sink after breakfast and spilled some of her eggs onto the rug I have by the sink. She grabs the broom to clean it up and I tell her that the broom probably won't work well on the rug and I can take care of it in a second. She stares at me for a second and says "Mom.. I need you to just trust me on this, it'll work. I can do it"

She also watched a tutorial on youtube this morning (before I was awake) on how to make some sort of Mickey chocolate tower with fruit inside. She runs into my room (Before..I'm..awake) and is yelling "mom, mom, look, look, I want to make this treat for Valentines Day or Easter, We have everything to make it" So I pry my eyes open..because..I..Wasn't..awake.. and say "uh huh..okay..we'll see" I get up and she shows me the cabinet that her and her sister had gone through to 'show me all the ingredients' ....... Cinnamon, Liquid Fruit Pectin, and squirtable icing will apparently make a chocolate Mickey Mouse tower with fruit inside.


Should I be concerned that my 4 year old is watching..and operating, correctly, youtube? I'm thinking I need to start investing so that she can go to Harvard.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Eli found the "annoying orange" videos on YouTube somehow. His favorite was the spoof on Lady Gag's "bad Romance" and those videos really ARE rather annoying.