One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Memory Loss...it's all the deployments fault.

I'm having issues...... Big..serious..issues..big, serious, memory issues. First, I lose my wallet, poof, gone..into thin air. in the house. Everything gone, except my debit card, thankfully! My Military ID, all the kids and my's health insurance cards, dental cards, gone. Searched this house high and low and nowhere to be found. Some grimlin stole it.
So I finally get around to calling and canceling my credit card and ordering a new one, it comes in the mail and I call to acitvate it and get sidetracked, sit it down and........ITS GONE! It disapeared too! I check my *new* wallet, no there. I get the whole family, to include inlaws, searching the house bc I -know- it's here somewhere bc I didn't leave the house with it.
We search..and search..and search some more. After cleaning the whole house, searching toys, ect...I give one last ditch effort and check my purse again..There..It..was..floating freely amongst my purse. For reals?! Then I got the exciting pleasure to share that I did infact find it..and it was in fact in my purse (please dont't ask me how it got there because I have zero memory of putting it there) Talk..about..embarssment. I figured these brain issues would end after the deployment...apparently not.

And then, right after I had recovered from my embarassment of the lost credit card times 2..I hear my mother in law say "Do you realize you have a bandaid stuck to your butt" WHAT!?!? I yank off said bandaid and realize not only is it a bandaid..but a dirty bandaid. ACK! I then get around to asking myself two questions: 1. How long has bandaid been on my behind as the current time is 7pm and 2. WHY, for the love of all that is holy, did nobody tell me ealier?!

ACK!

No comments: