One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hello September!!!

Hello again lil Blog!

I took a bit of a hiatius as August turned out to be such a crazy month. We had a nice trip back to Ks and I sooo enjoyed the cooler temps. Lillia had a fabulous Birthday and got spoiled rotten! I can't believe she's 3.
September should be a slower month. Not a lot going on. I do plan to start potty training noni. She's ready and this will be our only 'slow' month until R&R! WOW, thats so much -fun- to say!!!!!!! I also hope to touch up/finish some painting in the house this month.

On the weight loss front, I am about 5-10lbs away from my goal. I am, at this point, thinner than I have been in 3 years. I am SO super proud of myself. This is the first time I have had the want/desire/strength to do it. And I'll be honest, when I first started, I doubted I could/would do it. And as time goes on my goal is starting to shift. In the beginning it was "get skinny". Now it isnt so much. It's about eating healthy, its about being healthy, and a large part is that now I feel like I deserve it! I deserve to be healthy, I deserve to take time for me to exercise, even though some days my kids holler about it and I should be cleaning or doing laundry or whatnot, I deserve to take the time for me. I feel better, physically, mentally, emotionally. I have more confidence. I'm a better mother. Yes, most days I'm tired and don't want to exercise, but if I get out there and do it I feel so much better.
Once I get to my goal I won't change anything that I am doing now bc it's not about that anymore. It's about me and my journey. It's about feeling great about myself, its about being able to let go of some of the stress that I deal with everyday.
This is me...and if you don't like it, that's okay. For every person that doesn't like me, theres another that loves me dearly.

Well thats all for now, I have dogs barking, kids revolting and its time for me to get out of my lil blogging world and resume "Super Hero" status once again.

Peace!

1 comment:

Tim and Cynthia Jones said...

So proud of you Erica! You go girl!! :)
Mom J