One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

2 ear infections, 2 fevers, allergies and flu shots...Oh My!!

I'm thinking of inviting the kids Dr over for Thanksgiving.
In the last 5 days I've had to take Lillia to the dr for a horrible persistant cough and found out she had an ear infection, no fever, no waking up at night, not even complaining that her ear hurt but most definatly an ear infection. Then they both got flu shots and both had fevers and were generally grumpy, fussy and irritable, first lana then as soon as she was okay Lillia started with the fever. At least I didnt have 2 in that condition at once ? hey, I gotta stay positive. Then today I notice miss lana is jamming her fingers in her ears...hi ho hi ho it's back to the Dr we go. Of course, she's not running a fever or being awake at night...but its an ear infection. Heres a little trick for the mommies out there to know forsure if your child has an ear infection, take a little bit of hydrogen Peroxide and squirt some in the ear, I like using the lil medicine dispensers you get at Walgreens when you fill a Rx, if it bubbles up and fizzes it's an infection.
How can all that happen in 5 days?? Now, don't get me wrong I love the kids Dr. If you need a peditrician, definatly check out Dr Organ at the Family and Childrens Clinic in HH. He's fabulous....I just don't necessarily like to see him every 3 days. lol
I'm so tired of sick kids and ear infections. This will be lana's second since BD left 3 months ago. Luckily *I guess ?* My kids handle them pretty well and you can't tell when my kids are sick normally unless they are *reeally* sick, so that definatly makes my life easier.

ya can't make this stuff up.

Now as for Murphy....He can be shown the door!!!!!

No comments: