One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What a week! and its only Tuesday!!

Yesterday was horrid! My day started rough anyways as the girls only 'allowed' me to get around 3 1/2 hours of sleep the night before. always rough! I very much need my beauty rest! :) Well as the day progressed it turned into one of those days where everything you touch either falls out of your hands, breaks or causes you to trip, stub a toe, whatnot. every...single...thing. Couple that wtih tired kids and a tired mommy, not good. I was just generally grumpy, tired of deployments and just annoyed. Lillia kept sayin "mommy, you 'rumpy'" ha
That afternoon I decide we need out of the house and needed to make a trip to Sams anyways, which is in Temple, so its about 30 minutes away. Trip there went great, kids napped in the car, got there, got everything we needed..all great. On the way home we're about 1/2 way there in an area thats very.....shaggy, shall we say. Theres bascially nothing there except a very old, very run down, very scary trailer park. As we're driving along the car starts feeling very hot and I just keep sayin to myself "oh, I'm just tired and stressed, i must be just havin a hot flash or somethin" lol They say stress ages you. And it starts feeling warmer and warmer in teh car and I keep thinkin I'm just losin my mind or somethin. Then I hear a little voice in the back saying "mommyy!! Its HOT!!" *okay..maybe I'm not losin it*
Im tryin to figure out whats happening and I decide to pull off the highway right next to...yes.. the very scary trailer park. I get out of the car and I smell a horrible smell, so thinkin I've just blown a tire or something Im checking the car and then I see it...Smoke comin out of my hood! Whats the first thing that my mommy brain thinks? QUICK, get the kids out of the car incase theres a fire or something. So there I am standing there on a frontage road off a busy highway, RIGHT off an exit ramp with 2 small kids, who I am clinging to for dear life for fear one may run into oncoming traffic, trying to decide what to do. I sure couldn't walk the 15 miles back to Killeen with 2 kids in the 95 degree heat. I was around -nothing- and I didn't know if my car was safe to drive. And heres where I get mad............You would be SHOCKED by the number of cars driving by -on the frontage road!!- who obviously see a mom, 2 kids and smoke comin out of the hood of a car and DO NOT STOP! at LEAST Pull up and ask if everyone is okay!!!! I can understand a woman not stopping but..men..REALLY!? Mothers need to be teaching their sons that if they ever see a woman with small kids and a smoking car on teh side of the road to HELP! I'm really fed up with men not acting like MEN! Shortly there after a couple men stop and help me out and figure out that my air conditioner compressor was blown and I could get home and if I just didn't run to AC and they offered to follow me into Killeen to make sure I got there okay. Thank you so very much to those to men!!! Can I just say that my car is an 06 and since we got it in 07 theres been NOTHING wrong with it...and in 3 months since BD been gone I've had 3 car issues!
We finally made it home safe and yes my compressor is all jacked up. Add that onto a house that needs leveling, cranky kids who aren't sleeping well, and that I'm in the midst of my 3rd deployment in less than 6 years and I'm just about fed UP!

So hopefully my car won't cost me my first born :) and at least it's still driveable, no ac, but driveable. Hot...But driveable. and at least we all got home safe and those 2 guys didnt try to mug me or somethin. lol and thankfully I have a loving family to call on when I need to whine or I have questions and thankfully I have an honest mechanic...When my Uncle Steve can't fix it ;-) and Thankfully I have the amazing support of my loving husband, even from thousands of miles away!

Being Strong isn't about strength...It's about being able to pick yourself up after your pity party and moving forward.

Pity Parties are fine...but you just gotta know when to pick yourself up, put on your big girl panties and deal.

1 comment:

Tim and Cynthia Jones said...

Wow!! Quite an adventure you had! Am so glad everything is working out and God was looking out for you. :)
You are amazing and what a great attitude!