One stay at home moms journey to find herself again

Friday, September 3, 2010

Mizz fix it

Murphy stopped by...in the form of a clogged kitchen sink. This kitchen sink has given me fits 2 other times *in 2 1/2 months* I'm learning a lot about fixing a kitchen sink, so i wasn't all that surprised when it was clogged yet again. I did all the tricks I knew to do, plungering, drano, ect and I still had a horrible clog. I was about to give up and call a plumber but at the last moment I thought, what the heck, might as well try to fix it, if I end up with tons of pipe pieces laying around I can always call a plumber at that point and tell him "sorry, i thought I was more hooah than I apparently am" and he'd fix it. Honestly, I HATE having worker dudes in my house..and I hate giving them my money..sooo I figured I had nothing to lose if I tried to fix it.
So I googled a bit and figured out that its usually the 'elbow joint thingie ma jobber" that is causing the problem. Now, nobody told me that when you unscrew said 'elbow thingie' tons of water comes pouring out at you and to have a bucket/towel handy...that was an exciting moment as I dodged all the sludgy/drano smelling water that once resided in my sink/pipes.
Found my clog *it was really gross Btw* and decided I would do an extra good cleaning job and rinse it out...........Note: Don't use the kitchen sink.
I failed to realize that what I was rinsing in the kitchen sink was in fact a key part to not causing a huge flood underneath the sink.......yyaa..again...exciting!

But I got it all cleaned out and put back onto the other pipe pieces to where there was No leaks! *GO ME!* and now my sink works good as new and I'm not out $100!!!!
I'm SO proud! This is the first project I've done all on my own without any calls to one of the dads or whatnot!

And to my darling husband,

I love you very very much but No..I will Not keep doing said repairs once you get home! What I am learning is valuable but I will cease all 'manly' work as soon as you get home! Do not ask, try to bribe, or beg me to do said 'manly' jobs as I won't give in! I do them while you are gone and that is it!
--Your loving wife

3 comments:

Casey said...

I am SO proud of you. I had to replace the flapper in our toilet (rubber thingy in the tank) and fix the weedeater (which I prefer to never even USE) while dh was gone and the feeling of pride is awesome. :) (The feeling of handing said jobs back to said husband is also wonderful, never fear.)

papabama said...

Girl, Uncle Steve and I are so proud of you. Wish I knew you were going to do this. I would have told you some of Uncle Steve's tricks (big pot under sink, lots of old towels, etc.). send us a quick note any time and he can give you suggestions.

Tim and Cynthia Jones said...

You are hilarious!! I love reading your blogs!
So proud of you; I told Pappa J and he said, "You are amazing." One of proud Jones women!! :)